Looking for a quick clam recipe as an appetizer? Look no further! This recipe uses five ingredients and takes about ten minutes to make. Just make sure to have plenty of bread, because you are going to want to soak up all the juice and eat it.
For this clam dish, it is best to use smaller clams like little neck or Vongole clams. Even though I am offering this recipe as an appetizer, I will admit there were times I’ve made this dish and served it over a plate of linguini.
- 3 Dozen cleaned little neck or Vongole clams
- 1 1/2 Cups dry white wine
- 1 stick of butter
- 6 cloves of chopped garlic (not too small)
- 2 Tbsp. of chopped parsley
- Heat a stock pot
- Add the white wine and bring to a boil
- Add and melt the butter.
- Add the clams and parsley and stir all together
- Cover and steam the clams until they are all opened
- Serve with some fresh bread on the side